#MUUSJAtheVote : MN UU’s 2020 call to action
How to #UUtheVote in Minnesota
- See MNvotes.org for Minnesota voter information in 10 languages.
- See #UUtheVote at https://www.uua.org/justice/vote2020 for UUA’s national coalition, including links to where you can access congregational GRANTS to help fund your voting efforts. The “congregational launch manual” at #UUtheVote is superb and comprehensive.
- A great resource for Minnesota elections is at the Women’s March MN page,
And to help others register, remember, and engage with the 2020 election, check out:
- WE THE VOTE http://wevotemn.org/ is a nonpartisan coalition focused on collective power & racial equity, working on voter registration and engagement in Minnesota
- YOUR PREFERRED POLITICAL PARTY (here’s a list from the MN Secretary of State with links to contact all seven of Minnesota’s registered political Parties.)
- LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS – here’s a list of LOCAL Leagues in Minnesota
Early voting for the 2020 Minnesota Presidential Primary began January 17th. If you’re busy or traveling on Primary Election Day, go vote early – and if you requested an absentee ballot by mail, make sure it gets delivered by March 3rd.
The best, most current information about what to expect at your precinct Caucus is the website for the Party you’re interested in. Your preferred political Party has orientations for its caucus-goers; check their website for details. Many nonprofits also get involved; two of interest to MUUSJA are:
- Minnesota Interfaith Power and Light “Caucus for the Climate”
- ISAIAH’s “Claiming Our Voices” with a progressive faith-based agenda that is generally well aligned with #UUtheVote
FOURTH: Know where to vote on election day! https://pollfinder.sos.state.mn.us/ is for:
- March 3rd: Presidential Primary election
- March 10th: Township Elections across Greater Minnesota
- August 11th: Statewide Primary election for state, county or municipal offices
- November 3rd: General election (from President to City offices)